One of the many purposes of art is to challenge yourself and your audience and sometimes that spurs a little controversy. Brittany Russell and Gestalt are making waves and that’s one of the topics of discussion in Episode 36 of Vocal HERspective tonight at 9:30 pm EDT. Hear the rebroadcast Sunday at 1:30 pm EDT and 12 hours later or download the podcast on Monday!
Tag: The A Cappella Group
Voices Only 2019 Special – Only On Acaville
TONIGHT at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific, we have a 3-hour special highlighting the songs and groups that were selected for Voices Only 2019! Hear the amazing tunes that made it on to the album, along with interviews from:
* Voices Only Productions‘ owner Corey Slutsky
* Fermata Town
* The Nor’easters
* From the Roots
* All-Night Yahtzee
* TAG – The A Cappella Group
* Hyannis Sound
* RHS Walk the Line
* Drums of War
* The Beltones
* Run For Cover
* The BluesTones
* Business Casual
You DO NOT want to miss this special, but if the timing isn’t good for you, we’ll be releasing all the interviews individually as podcast episodes on The Pulse. Check it out in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, and Spotify, or at http://pulsepod.org!
Voices Only 2019 Tracks Announced
After several years of separate scholastic and professional compilations, Voices Only Productions announced a combined double album featuring groups of all categories and styles. From Boston to London to Australia, we can’t wait to dig into this album.
Here are this year’s selections:
1) Between Us – Voices
2) This Is Gospel – Voicebox
3) Something – Fermata Town
4) Breathin’ – The Nor’easters
5) Sober Up – Toccatatones
6) We Can Work It Out – m-pact
7) Rowboats – Lark
8) Love Drought – Faux Paz
9) On And On – From the Roots
10) Sleep – Twisted Measure
11) 715-CR∑∑KS – Exit 245
12) Garands – The Coda Conduct
13) Never Gone – All-Night Yahtzee
14) Greedy – TAG – The A Cappella Group
15) iRobot – Reverb
16) If U Love Me Now – Unaccompanied Women
17) Freedom – Upper Structure
18) Like Real People Do – The Michigan G-Men
19) Flying – OneVoice
1) Hammer – The SoCal VoCals
2) You Go Down Smooth – Hyannis Sound
3) Goldmine – RHS Walk the Line
4) Tokyo Sunrise – The Swingles
5) Strange Birds – Brandeis Starving Artists
6) Get Pumped – Stiletta
7) Walls Could Talk – Notes Over Storrs
8) I Know A Place – Forte A Cappella
9) Heart of Gold – The Beltones
10) Target Locked – Drums of War
11) La Lune – Run For Cover
12) Dazed and Confused – E V O C
13) Butterfly – AA Skyline Blues
14) Tell Me How – The BluesTones
15) My My My! – Evolve
16) Yo Vivire – Business Casual
17) Vessels – DJs A Cappella
18) Sound of Awakening/Sirens – The Beartones
19) KARATE – The Sons of Pitches
2019 CARA Nominations Announced
The much anticipated annual Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards nominations were announced today and both long-standing favorites and new stars are among the talents honored.
Standouts include Boston-based experimental group Birdland Avenue who landed five nominations for Come Around including Best Non-Scholastic Debut Album, Best Electronic/Experimental Album, Best Pop Album, Best Electronic/Experimental Song (“Rabbit Hole”), Best Original Song by a Professional Group (“Breeze Baby”) and DCappella who earned four nominations for Best Non-Scholastic Debut Album, Best Rock Song (“Immortals”), Best Showtunes/Soundtrack/Theme Song (“The Glory Days”), and Best Professional Arrangement for a Non-Scholastic Group (“Immortals”).
We also saw multiple nominations for The Swingles, Pentatonix, 多么幸福 East West Collective, and Rebel Bit.
On the Scholastic side A Cappella Academy, The G-Men, The A Cappella Group, VoiceBox, The Coda Conduct, The Sons of Pitches, and Dragon Scales were among some of the groups heavily recognized for their work this year.
2009 International Quartet Champions Crossroads led in barbershop music with four nominations in barbershop and arrangements.
See the full list of nominations and then follow along as we catch up with nominees and broadcast live from BOSS and the CARA Ceremony in April.