One of the many purposes of art is to challenge yourself and your audience and sometimes that spurs a little controversy. Brittany Russell and Gestalt are making waves and that’s one of the topics of discussion in Episode 36 of Vocal HERspective tonight at 9:30 pm EDT. Hear the rebroadcast Sunday at 1:30 pm EDT and 12 hours later or download the podcast on Monday!
After several years of separate scholastic and professional compilations, Voices Only Productions announced a combined double album featuring groups of all categories and styles. From Boston to London to Australia, we can’t wait to dig into this album.
Here are this year’s selections:
1) Between Us – Voices
2) This Is Gospel – Voicebox
3) Something – Fermata Town
4) Breathin’ – The Nor’easters
5) Sober Up – Toccatatones
6) We Can Work It Out – m-pact
7) Rowboats – Lark
8) Love Drought – Faux Paz
9) On And On – From the Roots
10) Sleep – Twisted Measure
11) 715-CR∑∑KS – Exit 245
12) Garands – The Coda Conduct
13) Never Gone – All-Night Yahtzee
14) Greedy – TAG – The A Cappella Group
15) iRobot – Reverb
16) If U Love Me Now – Unaccompanied Women
17) Freedom – Upper Structure
18) Like Real People Do – The Michigan G-Men
19) Flying – OneVoice
1) Hammer – The SoCal VoCals
2) You Go Down Smooth – Hyannis Sound
3) Goldmine – RHS Walk the Line
4) Tokyo Sunrise – The Swingles
5) Strange Birds – Brandeis Starving Artists
6) Get Pumped – Stiletta
7) Walls Could Talk – Notes Over Storrs
8) I Know A Place – Forte A Cappella
9) Heart of Gold – The Beltones
10) Target Locked – Drums of War
11) La Lune – Run For Cover
12) Dazed and Confused – E V O C
13) Butterfly – AA Skyline Blues
14) Tell Me How – The BluesTones
15) My My My! – Evolve
16) Yo Vivire – Business Casual
17) Vessels – DJs A Cappella
18) Sound of Awakening/Sirens – The Beartones
19) KARATE – The Sons of Pitches
The school year is winding down, the summer festival season is heating up and we’re hitting a great crossroads of new music.
This mashup of “Brighter Day” and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” done by ten singers out of Latvia GROOVES.
Ariana Grande has had quite the journey so far. Who better to capture it with a cappella?
If there is something we’ve come to expect from BYU a cappella music videos, it is stunning scenery only outdone by stunning voices.
The Columbus-based one man show took on Imagine Dragons this week.
Everyone’s favorite quadruplet quartet does this justice.
The latest Disney Crossover brings together Hercules and Anastasia.
Eurovision is the biggest European music competition and Vocalocity pays tribute to all of the Israeli competitors.
Taking advantage of a trip to Paris in the best way possible, The Beatroots used the City of Lights as a backdrop for their latest video.
This Toronto-based group decided to challenge themselves by recording and filming this during their recent retreat weekend.
As a group that prides themselves on being avant-garde, their latest video sure has caused quite a stir.