TONIGHT at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific, we have a 3-hour special highlighting the songs and groups that were selected for Voices Only 2019! Hear the amazing tunes that made it on to the album, along with interviews from:
* Voices Only Productions‘ owner Corey Slutsky
* Fermata Town
* The Nor’easters
* From the Roots
* All-Night Yahtzee
* TAG – The A Cappella Group
* Hyannis Sound
* RHS Walk the Line
* Drums of War
* The Beltones
* Run For Cover
* The BluesTones
* Business Casual
You DO NOT want to miss this special, but if the timing isn’t good for you, we’ll be releasing all the interviews individually as podcast episodes on The Pulse. Check it out in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, and Spotify, or at http://pulsepod.org!
After several years of separate scholastic and professional compilations, Voices Only Productions announced a combined double album featuring groups of all categories and styles. From Boston to London to Australia, we can’t wait to dig into this album.
Here are this year’s selections:
1) Between Us – Voices
2) This Is Gospel – Voicebox
3) Something – Fermata Town
4) Breathin’ – The Nor’easters
5) Sober Up – Toccatatones
6) We Can Work It Out – m-pact
7) Rowboats – Lark
8) Love Drought – Faux Paz
9) On And On – From the Roots
10) Sleep – Twisted Measure
11) 715-CR∑∑KS – Exit 245
12) Garands – The Coda Conduct
13) Never Gone – All-Night Yahtzee
14) Greedy – TAG – The A Cappella Group
15) iRobot – Reverb
16) If U Love Me Now – Unaccompanied Women
17) Freedom – Upper Structure
18) Like Real People Do – The Michigan G-Men
19) Flying – OneVoice
1) Hammer – The SoCal VoCals
2) You Go Down Smooth – Hyannis Sound
3) Goldmine – RHS Walk the Line
4) Tokyo Sunrise – The Swingles
5) Strange Birds – Brandeis Starving Artists
6) Get Pumped – Stiletta
7) Walls Could Talk – Notes Over Storrs
8) I Know A Place – Forte A Cappella
9) Heart of Gold – The Beltones
10) Target Locked – Drums of War
11) La Lune – Run For Cover
12) Dazed and Confused – E V O C
13) Butterfly – AA Skyline Blues
14) Tell Me How – The BluesTones
15) My My My! – Evolve
16) Yo Vivire – Business Casual
17) Vessels – DJs A Cappella
18) Sound of Awakening/Sirens – The Beartones
19) KARATE – The Sons of Pitches
New year, new tunes! As we’re all stepping out of the holiday daze, here are a few of our favorite recent releases in the aca-verse.
International superstars out of Singapore quietly dropped a bombshell with 《王妃》- Jam 萧敬腾 over the holidays with an arrangement from Tat Tong and production by an all-star team of Peter Huang, Tat Tong, Plaid Productions, and Dave Sperandio.
A very happy new year indeed, with the release of “Disney Medley II” from this soulful Richmond, VA trio.
2018 National Harmony Sweepstakes Finalists, Due North, kicked off the new year with a fully produced music video of their cover of “Lost on You.” This relatively new group out of the Twin Cities is pushing hard and we suspect that this is only the beginning.
Drums of War
Australian hip hop a cappella at its finest, 2015 AUSACA Champions, Drums of War, cover Talib Kweli.
Leaders of the a cappella movement in Ireland, Ardú uses a little looping to present their version of the popular Muse song, “Madness” live in concert.
In addition to all of the great variety of a cappella you can hear ’round the clock here at Acaville Radio, we’re going to bring you some bonus releases each Tuesday to make sure you’re finding all of the latest and greatest this talented community has to offer.
Here are our favorites this week:
Colorado’s favorite rock vocal band outdid themselves with this cover of Seal’s “Kiss From a Rose” with an arrangement and solo by Ryan Driver.
Drums of War
Australia’s Hip Hop and R&B a cappella band put their vocals to good use to promote mental health and suicide prevention. The group is raising funds to support beyondblue and you can support them in their Tough Mudder Half.
The 2018 Aca-Open Finalists released the studio version of their opening track “Bad Romantic” which was written, edited, mixed, and mastered by group member Hansel Romero and produced by Romero and Lisa McNulty with a solo by Lauren Redditt.