After several years of separate scholastic and professional compilations, Voices Only Productions announced a combined double album featuring groups of all categories and styles. From Boston to London to Australia, we can’t wait to dig into this album.
Here are this year’s selections:
1) Between Us – Voices
2) This Is Gospel – Voicebox
3) Something – Fermata Town
4) Breathin’ – The Nor’easters
5) Sober Up – Toccatatones
6) We Can Work It Out – m-pact
7) Rowboats – Lark
8) Love Drought – Faux Paz
9) On And On – From the Roots
10) Sleep – Twisted Measure
11) 715-CR∑∑KS – Exit 245
12) Garands – The Coda Conduct
13) Never Gone – All-Night Yahtzee
14) Greedy – TAG – The A Cappella Group
15) iRobot – Reverb
16) If U Love Me Now – Unaccompanied Women
17) Freedom – Upper Structure
18) Like Real People Do – The Michigan G-Men
19) Flying – OneVoice
1) Hammer – The SoCal VoCals
2) You Go Down Smooth – Hyannis Sound
3) Goldmine – RHS Walk the Line
4) Tokyo Sunrise – The Swingles
5) Strange Birds – Brandeis Starving Artists
6) Get Pumped – Stiletta
7) Walls Could Talk – Notes Over Storrs
8) I Know A Place – Forte A Cappella
9) Heart of Gold – The Beltones
10) Target Locked – Drums of War
11) La Lune – Run For Cover
12) Dazed and Confused – E V O C
13) Butterfly – AA Skyline Blues
14) Tell Me How – The BluesTones
15) My My My! – Evolve
16) Yo Vivire – Business Casual
17) Vessels – DJs A Cappella
18) Sound of Awakening/Sirens – The Beartones
19) KARATE – The Sons of Pitches
It was another busy week in the aca-verse. Lucky for us – we all reap the benefits. Here are this week’s top new releases:
Their Patreon supporters got a head start on this new release, but now it’s available for everyone. Enjoy “Why Does It Have to Be (Wrong or Right).”
What a cappella group doesn’t love a Linkin Park cover? Here’s a fresh take on “Numb” out of Germany, mixed and mastered by Bill Hare.
From the Roots
We loved watching this new group at LAAF, so please excuse while we don’t hide our excitement about their latest live video release. Here’s “Fly” from their headlining performance at SING! Texas last fall, featuring Hannah Lewis on lead.
The Sons of Pitches
Why sing one Imagine Dragons song when you can do a whole medley? The UK stars and winners of The Naked Choir 2015 bring all your favorites together.
Singing a tune in a live music room at Oxford, The Rivers did a great take on this song by Morten Kjær and Gabby Gordon.
One of the smallest collegiate groups in the circuit is working towards one more trip to ICCA Finals and gave us all a little taste of their talent.
The world’s first South Asian a cappella group faces the challenges of mental health for college students with this cover and mashup of Everglow and Kaise Mujhe.
With 10 people, this Turkish group is a little big for a couch video, but they pull off the same charm.
The much anticipated annual Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards nominations were announced today and both long-standing favorites and new stars are among the talents honored.
Standouts include Boston-based experimental group Birdland Avenue who landed five nominations for Come Around including Best Non-Scholastic Debut Album, Best Electronic/Experimental Album, Best Pop Album, Best Electronic/Experimental Song (“Rabbit Hole”), Best Original Song by a Professional Group (“Breeze Baby”) and DCappella who earned four nominations for Best Non-Scholastic Debut Album, Best Rock Song (“Immortals”), Best Showtunes/Soundtrack/Theme Song (“The Glory Days”), and Best Professional Arrangement for a Non-Scholastic Group (“Immortals”).
We also saw multiple nominations for The Swingles, Pentatonix, 多么幸福 East West Collective, and Rebel Bit.
On the Scholastic side A Cappella Academy, The G-Men, The A Cappella Group, VoiceBox, The Coda Conduct, The Sons of Pitches, and Dragon Scales were among some of the groups heavily recognized for their work this year.
2009 International Quartet Champions Crossroads led in barbershop music with four nominations in barbershop and arrangements.
See the full list of nominations and then follow along as we catch up with nominees and broadcast live from BOSS and the CARA Ceremony in April.